Welcome to the Women in Business Society. We are a women-led, global network that empower & support women one connection at a time. We understand the importance of having a supportive community outside of work. We believe the secret to success is the quality of your connections. People who can vouch for you, support you and collaborate with you.
The network was created for women who want to RISE both personally & professionally.
YOUR NETWORK = YOUR NET WORTH
Our mission is to support, champion and unite future female leaders and change-makers in a truly inclusive space. By disrupting traditional networking models, we offer ALL women, from all backgrounds, across every area of business - the opportunity to create impactful, meaningful connections with ambitious, like-minded professionals to produce action-focused and tangible results.
"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."
We truly believe in everyone progressing together so that the modern-day successful woman becomes the norm, rather than just the exception. Think of the network as a shared education group - your source of knowledge, where we provide opportunities for women to create new connections, post job opportunities, learn new skills, share practical resources & information and gain fresh perspectives. We are a global platform for women to share their voice and their message with the world.
The Group's values are...
CONNECT | EMPOWER | RISE
We have an exclusive LinkedIn & Whatsapp community where you can share experiences, resources, connections and support other women within the community. Click the button below to join.
Welcome to the Women in Business Society magazine. Every month we publish a new edition, each focused on a different theme. The magazine is packed with resources including articles written by thought-leaders & experts in their field, with tangible action points & practical tips. We provide a global platform for women to share their voice and story. Each magazine includes:
- Live job opportunities
- Latest news and updates from the community
- Exclusive access to events and live monthly sessions with industry experts
- Monthly affirmations
- Recommended podcasts and books
- Spotlight Series showcasing amazing women in the network
- Support Series featuring female owned businesses
March 2021 - Money
April 2021 - Nutrition
May 2021 - Self-Care
June 2021 - Art & Fashion
July 2021 - Career Progression
August 2021 - Fitness
Sep 2021 - Women's Health
October 2021 - Travel
November 2021 - Creativity
December 2021 - Gratitude
January 2022 - Finance
February 2022 - Self-Love
March 2022 - Confidence
April 2022 - Business & FoundHERS
May 2022 - Mindset & Manifestation
June 2022 - Sustainability
July 2022 - Sports
August 2022 - Travel
Sep 2022 - Leadership
Oct 2022 - Wellness
We host and organise bespoke workshops & events aimed at helping women up-skill & level-up both personally and professionally.
Most recently, we hosted a Women in Business & Finance three part virtual series in line with International Women's Day, the theme of which was #EachforEqual, a theme that represents a strong call to action to think equally, build smart, broaden perceptions & innovate for change. Each webinar included a Q&A session with a variety of inspirational speakers focused around the following themes:
1) Role models & mentors: Find someone who inspires you (male or female) and don’t be afraid to ask them questions.
2) Find your voice: Speak up, give your views and claim credit for your success & achievements.
3) Be authentic: Bring your whole self to the office and be proud of who you are.
4) Set boundaries: With the lines between work and ‘play’ becoming increasingly blurred, it’s important to communicate your values and boundaries clearly. This will: (i) improve your self-esteem, (ii) give you space to grow & (iii) fortify your professional relationships.
5) Be passionate about your development:‘ The most important thing is to throw yourself into every opportunity.’
1) Be bold: Having senior leadership buy-in is essential to build I&D into business priorities.
2) Be accountable and show progress: Having transparent and ambitious targets (rather than quota’s) are more likely to be effective as ‘what gets measured, gets managed.’
3) Take concrete action: It is vital that we look at inclusion with an intersectional lens in the context of the pandemic and BLM in 2020 (where underrepresented groups are disproportionately affected) but the new working normal offers us opportunities to develop and deepen our inclusive efforts.
4) Promote a fair culture: There are 6 key metrics that matter: recruitment, retention, advancement, representation, compensation and inclusion. The day-to-day interactions across all business divisions are what will truly make a difference.
1) When choosing a role: Work for people who: (i) inspire you, (ii) you can learn from & (iii) have a genuine interest in your progression.
2) Embrace challenges as opportunities to develop (and always get feedback): Being vulnerable and asking for help can be massively powerful. How you approach, adapt and move forward despite set-backs is a testament to your character.
3) Commit to building your external network: This could help you find roles and gain recommendations throughout your career. It’s important to have people outside of work who support you and can provide an impartial point of view.
4) Rest & reflect: Define and prioritise your own work-life balance. Ensure you make time to take stock and evaluate your wins / set-backs. This will allow you to: (i) maximise your productivity; (ii) be more efficient; & (iii) bring your best self to work.
5) Make yourself indispensable: ‘Ensure that your organisation needs you more than you need them.’
“I really enjoyed these events and felt that I gained a lot from them – it reminded me to always keep driving for what you want in life and to not settle for less than you deserve.”
“I loved the interactive elements of the webinars. What the speakers had to say really resonated with me and made me feel much more hopeful about the future for a more balanced workplace.”
"A very engaging and informative webinar series. Thought provoking insights and a diverse range of views and experiences from impressive set of leading panellists.”
"A superb panel of inspirational leaders. Great format and content. Well done to all involved. ”
"The events were full of tangible actions as to how we can continue to progress and innovate for change."
"Informative, insightful and incredibly motivating."
"Engaging and full of practical tips which helps with future decision making."
'Excellent panellists, fantastic to hear more about their journey and experiences.'
"The Women in Business webinar series has truly been fantastic. Really well structured, interesting and engaging. Thank you for providing a space for women in business to push forward in their ambitions."
CLICK HERE TO JOIN UPCOMING EVENTS